Keep up with what’s new.
Connect with us on LinkedIn for news, insights and related topics.
Process Information and Controls (PIC) is part of Honeywell UOP, a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, Honeywell UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry.
PIC’s mission is to support and stand behind UOP Process Technologies through control system solutions that ensure UOP process units operate optimally, safely, reliably, and avoid startup delays due to control system issues. PIC control systems consist of a blend of critical complex logic, high performance, and proprietary knowledge that assures UOP meets process performance representations. PIC team designs, develops, and integrates highly complex software functions into control systems; and maintains contractual obligations, schedule, delivery, and work process to assure process performance and startup requirements are met.
PIC provides tailored aftermarket solutions that allow customers to focus on proactive maintenance strategies, operational optimizations and improvements, and reduction in total cost of ownership. The PIC engineering team is committed to providing customers with proven control system technology to help ensure the long-term performance and reliability of UOP equipment. PIC proudly offers control system retrofits that provide customers with control systems designed to improve existing operations to meet business goals most efficiently.
Additionally, the development of control systems for new UOP processes are regularly undertaken by the group to support the sustainable technology solutions offered by UOP.
Datasheets covers features/updates and improvements per product line, if needed to be referred to.
Benefits of Working with PIC
1. PIC works very closely with the UOP process, instrumentation, and controls engineering team to co-develop control system solutions that strictly conform to UOP engineering design specifications and performance needs.
2. PIC clients benefit from customized control system solutions adapted to their local codes and control room design; the solutions are proven, tested, and delivered following the ISO 9001 certification criteria and work processes to meet high product consistency and quality standards.
3. PIC customers benefit from demonstrations of fully-staged and uniquely tested hardware and software through the UOP control system factory acceptance tests; this saves valuable time and efforts at the field site during commissioning and startup, avoiding last-minute modifications; therefore, the PIC control systems are “ready-to-run,” turn-key solutions.
4. PIC collaborates with UOP field and training services teams to support successful commissioning, startup, and on-site or remote training of operators for the PIC control systems.
5. PIC customers benefit from post-startup service support for control system issues from PIC technical specialists; if required, your spare parts can be on their way worldwide within 24 hours.
ACCS is designed to provide optimum and reliable control of the Rotary Valve (RV), chamber circulation flows, pressures and the net stream flows as part of the UOP SorbexTM process unit. The ACCS provides the licensee a way to help maximize the efficiency and performance of the SorbexTM unit.
CRCS performs key functions of catalyst and equipment protection in the UOP CCR PlatformingTM process which involves transferring spent catalyst from the hydrogen atmosphere in the reactors to the oxygen atmosphere in the CCR regenerator, monitoring of catalyst regeneration in the CCR regenerator to ensure optimum catalyst conditions, and shutdown the CCR regenerator during abnormal process situations. Isolation of the two atmospheres under normal or abnormal conditions is of paramount importance to prevent their mixing in the presence of heat.
The gas and liquid driers in a Butamer™ unit or Penex™ unit perform the important task of safeguarding the catalyst from water vapor in the makeup hydrogen and hydrocarbon feed. Water vapor permanently deactivates high activity chloride alumina isomerization catalyst. Therefore, the driers must be regenerated properly and in a timely fashion. The PIC drier regeneration control system (DRCS) automates the drier sequencing and regeneration while minimizing operator involvement and therefore operations expense.
In 1985, UOP commercialized the Lock Hopper Control System (LHCS) to provide the highest quality CCR™ regenerator control system available for a CCR Platforming™ unit. The UOP LHCS retrofit has been developed to help Honeywell customers overcome obsolete spare parts issues; utilize the most current technology; enhance process availability by reducing hardware downtime; and provide additional catalyst handling features.
With the pace of technology advancements, system components are becoming obsolete more quickly. The PIC control system retrofits have been developed to overcome obsolete spare part availability issues while utilizing the current technology. The retrofit designs use the latest in critical control and capture enhancements from current CCR technology. The retrofits also provide additional safety features and additional catalyst safety features.
PIC stocks majority of critical components of the control system which can be shipped from PIC. ‘*’ should be added to cover any parts not available in stock right away or for requests that may come in on the weekends or holidays.
Automatic sequencing is programmed in the software and also described in the Operating Manual of control system delivered with control system supply
Refer to Operating Manual delivered with control system supply
Get in Touch with Sales, or Support